Based on Dr Chris Norris’ book Complete Guide to Back Rehabilitation (Bloomsbury, 2015) this 2 day course presents an evidence based program to safely and effectively manage low back injuries using exercise therapy.
A balance of theory and practice is used to provide a state-or-the-art approach to modern rehab. Lectures, practical demonstrations, partner work, and small group problem solving are all used to provide a stimulating, easy to follow course.
Suitable for therapists and exercise teachers of all types.
- Functional anatomy of the spine
- Lumbo-pelvic mechanics
- Mechanics of lifting
- Biopsychosocial approach to Chronic Low Back Pain (CLBP)
- Pain science
- Posture evaluation
- Core stability – where are we now?
- Concepts in exercise therapy
- Optimal tissue loading
- Low back pain – not all in the tissues
- Exercise progression – from injury onset to return to work.