A five-day CPD course for therapists
The 5-day Sports & Soft Tissue Injuries (SSTI) course is an introductory / intermediate level programme for therapists, (Physiotherapists, Massage therapist, Sports Therapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Medical doctors) which will also be of interest to sports coaches and exercise professionals.
The SSTI course presents an evidence based approach to the management of sports and soft-tissue injuries for those treating musculoskeletal conditions in a clinic, hospital, or team environment.
The programme begins by laying a foundation for understanding tissue injury and recovery, and develops essential practical skills for therapy. The course deals with injury by body part showing examples of effective practical treatment techniques distilled from several sources, to provide the most effective integrated approach. Thorough clinical reasoning is used throughout, to empower students to choose the most appropriate treatments, and build high calibre protocols to manage injured athletes and active adults.
By the end of the course students will have acquired in-depth knowledge, and advanced skills, in a selection of therapy techniques enabling them to effectively assess and manage a broad range of sports and soft tissue injuries with confidence.
- Tissue healing
- Optimal loading
- Patient assessment (client interview & physical examination)
- Clinical reasoning and treatment planning
- Taping techniques – structural / functional / re-education
- Manual therapy models – soft tissue / joint / MWM
- Exercise therapy foundations – ‘S’ factors of fitness / FITT / PET / sensorimotor retraining
- Biopsychosocial model – cartesian model v modern neuroscience / placebo & nocebo
- Evidence based healthcare – hierarchy of evidence / NICE & Cochrane
Day 2 Lower limb (1)
- Hip joint – biomechanics & muscle balance / OA and seniors / FAI & labrum / young athlete
- Hamstrings – action in forward bending / biarticular action in gait / slump / progressive rehab
- Adductor and groin
- Buttock pain – radiculopathy / piriformis / proximal hamstring tendinopathy
- Knee screening examination
- Patellofemoral pain – PFP / PF arthritis / PF tendinopathy
Lower limb (2)
- Medial joint line pain
- ACL injury and rehab
- Calf pain
- Shin splints – biomechanics & pathology / taping / footwear & orthotic management
- Achilles tendinopathy – eccentric loading
- Achilles rupture – progressive rehab.
- Ankle – proprioceptive rehab / post tibial tendon dysfunction.
- Foot – rehab & manual therapy
- Scapulothoracic alignment & function – Scapular dyskinesis
- Shoulder impingement
- Rotator cuff tendinopathy
- Shoulder instability
- Frozen shoulder syndrome – pathology / manual therapy / exercise therapy.
- A/C joint pain – taping
- Posture – important or irrelevant?
- Functional anatomy – motion segment revision / lumbo-pelvic rhythm
- Sensorimotor training – overview and practical
- Cognitive functional training – overview and practical
- Integrated spinal stability – model & progression / practical
|16-20 Feb 2019||Belgrade City Hotel,|
Savski Trg 7, Belgrade, Serbia
|Please contact srdjanmrkovic @ yahoo.com by email||650 Euros|
|15-19 May 2019||Athens|
Find out more here
|George Karampalis, Epimorfosis, by email||Therapists, medical professionals, sports coaches and exercise professionals.||690 Euros|