Acupressure for massage therapists (AMT) is a single day CPD course for level 3 (or equivalent) therapists interested in offering another treatment option for their clients. Acupuncture is over 2000-years-old and works on the principle of activating acupuncture points which lie on meridian channels throughout the body. The acupuncture points may be activated using needles, heat, manual pressure, or electrical machines.
The AMT course focusses on body (not head or face) techniques for common musculoskeletal pain syndromes. You will learn the precise location of over 20 of the most effective points for treating back, neck, knee, hip, shoulder, and elbow pain. The course begins with the science behind acupuncture and then introduces various point stimulation techniques. Emphasis is placed on effective use of the therapist’s hands and body to avoid excessive joint stress while treating. Treatment sequencing and progression is taught to clarify good overall client management.
At the end of the course, you will be competent to offer acupressure as part of your overall treatment to enhance effectiveness. The AMT course is also a valuable introduction for those looking to study our in-depth Medical Acupuncture & Dry Needling (MDN 1 & 2) 5-day level 5 programme.
- The science behind acupuncture
- Correct use of the hands – your lifelong treatment tools
- Body position to create graded force
- Acupressure tools – save your hands!
- Finding acupuncture points – palpation techniques and Chinese measurement
- Points of the neck and shoulders (GB-20, GB-21)
- Shoulder joint (LI-15, TE-14)
- Upper back (BL-11 bilateral)
- Lower back (BL-23, lumbar eyes)
- Hip (GB-29, GB-30)
- Knee (ST-36, ST-34, SP-9, SP-10, eyes of the knee)
- Elbow (LI-11, LI-10)
- Enhancing wellbeing (LI-4, LR-3 bilateral)
|1 August 2022||Hertford||Please visit Sports Therapy for information and bookings||CPD course for level 3 (or equivalent)||£198
If booked with MDN1 on 2-3 August and MDN2 on 4-6 August at the same time, a discount will apply: £944
|14 Nov 2022||Hertford||Please visit Sports Therapy for information and bookings||CPD course for level 3 (or equivalent)||£198|