Holistic therapists at Norris Health are all qualified with an IIHHT diploma. High levels of hygiene are observed throughout treatment, and a full medical history is taken before treatment commences.
- Holistic therapies currently available include:
- Aromatherapy – massage using pure essential plant oils. The techniques used are very gentle and deeply relaxing. They help the body to remove waste products which build up through our modern day lifestyle.
- Reflexology – a powerful technique which targets specific points on the foot that correspond to separate areas in the body. The technique helps to balance the body and releases inner tension giving a feeling of deep calm and well being.
- Swedish massage – uses deep stroking and kneading movements to work tired and aching muscles and is especially good after sport or exercise.
- Back, neck and shoulder massage – helps to get rid of the tension which can often build up when you re working on a computer for a long time, or driving. The ideal executive de-stressor.
- Indian head massage – focuses on the head and neck and can be given in a seated position wearing just a tee-shirt. It relieves eyestrain and headaches and conditions the scalp. Concentration is enhanced leaving you feeling refreshed and ready to face your day.
- Holistic pressure point facial massage – used to help tone and lift the face muscles by improving their blood flow. Your complexion can be improved and you leave looking as good as you feel.
- Packages combining several treatments from above.
Holistic therapies target wellness. Rather than treating a specific condition such as a slipped disc or torn ligament, holistic therapies target the whole person. We try to make you feel better physically and mentally so that your body can begin to heal itself. Physically we often find muscles feel warmer, skin colour changes, and tightness relaxes. These physical changes are paralleled by mental alterations such as a reduction in feelings of anxiety and stress.
Often clients come on a regular basis for holistic therapies, perhaps once a month or once a fortnight and find they get a cumulative effect.
Because holistic therapies feel so good, we offer gift vouchers which make the ideal caring present.